Friday, April 25, 2008

Senior Skip Day

UPDATE: 11 hours later I learn that there actually was a fatal shark attack in San Diego today. It took place early this morning in Solana Beach, the neighborhood just north of ours. If you could please keep the victim's family in your prayers... MSN Article, click here.

Eighteen-year-old surfer conversation overheard while standing in line at Einstein's...
"Dude, did you hear about the guy who got eaten by a shark?"
(I know, it sounds like the beginning of a truly unfortunate joke.)

"No, dude."

"The shark bit him. He's dead, dude."

"That's sketchy."

"Dude, it, like, fuckin' ate his legs off. He died, dude."

"No way."

"Yeah, I don't know if he was surfing or swimming but it's total sketch. Dude."
I shit you not. It's an almost perfect quote.

And apparently, "sketchy" is the new "bogue"...or am I dating myself?

No comments: