Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Still Here

...though I'm not sure how "here" I am.

I am "here" enough to realize that people have been checking my blog and have noticed the lack of activity over the past month. I am not "here" enough to care about reassuring their queries with my okay-ness.

I am "here" enough to want to post something special on this Day. Something that speaks from my depths to the depths of others. However, I am not "here" enough to be able to dredge those depths and procure something of worth.

I am "here" enough to look out over this snowy Michigan landscape, it's unbroken white, and feel absolute stillness and acceptance inside my heart. Though I am not yet "here" enough to translate this vision to voice.

Is there a voice left?

Yes.

Somewhere in there.

It is a quiet day.

And I'm still here.

2 comments:

Cassi said...

Beautifully written. I know this is a time of mixed emotions for you, but know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending lots of love.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Wendy, I Love You. Dont know if you will get this, but I want you to know that you are very much in my thoughts and prayers daily. I have been in my own funk for too long I need a change, reading your blog helps me to get out of myself and focus on someone very special you and your family. sending lots of love to you. The snow scene is what i think about every Christmas morning. Ill tell you about it some time. so peaceful at a time when the emotions are so raw even yet. Love ya Lynette