Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Supreme Personally-Directed Frustration

Have you ever lost a credit card? Have you ever had to cancel said credit card?

Okay then. How 'bout this?

Have you ever completed the afore-mentioned process twice in six months?

I rest my case.

For some reason, over the past 10 days, my brain has chosen to vacate the premises surrounding my head. This has been a recurring (is that a word?) condition over the past year but it seems especially virulent this time around. Enough so I finally allowed myself to burst into tears at the sorry, disorganized state in which I've allowed my life to crumble. It didn't help that it took me 40 minutes to finally talk with a human being at my bank, merely to find out if I left my card there. I wasn't on hold. I just couldn't get past all of the "automated services"..."services" my ass.

This brain-vacation is especially noticeable (and aggravating) when you're married to the poster child for Supremely-Organized-I-Know-Where-EVERYTHING-Is. Apparently he has his shit together. Apparently, I do not.

I'm searching for a positive spin on this but, frankly, I'm coming up short.

2 comments:

Happily Ever After said...

Oh Wendy I do know how you feel! Believe me I loose my Atm card at least once a week!:) The trick I have found is let someone else go through your purse whatever and they usually find it because they aren't as stressed about it as you are. I had a Mom in the NICU last week loose her wedding ring and I told her my idea let your husband look for it and what do you know he found it in her purse! At the same token I do the same for Jas when he looses something and they all do they aren't perfect I gurantee that. So keep your chin up my friend everyone does it!

Anonymous said...

awh shucks babe... thanks :)